mickjenn1 poker forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

mickjenn1 poker forum

mickjenn1 poker forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

all about poker

5 posters

APAT World Championships

FlashFlush

APAT World Championships Empty APAT World Championships

Post  FlashFlush Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:54 am

http://www.apat.com/index.php/tour/

If you look at the dates in August you will see a week of tournaments. I will be going to these and was wondering who else would be interested, will be an expensive trip staying for 5 days and was wondering if anyone wants a room share to keep costs down.

p.s No sexual favours included!!
    mickjenn
    mickjenn
    Admin

APAT World Championships Empty Re: APAT World Championships

Post  mickjenn Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:19 pm

WELCOME FLASHER, IM NOT SURE WEN AM ME JOLLYS YET M8, BUT THINK IT M8 GET SUM INTEREST.............. I RECKON TB WUD BE INTERESTED DEFO DELTA, SOLAR CARRO ALSO
    OnlyOneCT

Post  OnlyOneCT Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Hmmm interesting.

There is a strong chance i may be in Nottingham during the APAT World Championships in August as it coincides with Notts playing Lancashire at Trent Bridge in the cricket Smile

The 2 tourneys that have caught my attention are the heads-up and Omaha events and i would like to do at least 1 of them but it's a long way off yet and there is no guarantee i will do any but ill make my mind up probably nearer the time.
    BIGSHANN
    BIGSHANN

Post  BIGSHANN Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:04 pm

I played this last year - great turney and great location. I would recomened it to any one!
    mickjenn
    mickjenn
    Admin

Post  mickjenn Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:32 pm

BIGSHANN wrote:I played this last year - great turney and great location. I would recomened it to any one!

HI M8, WAT WAS THE PRIZE MONEY IN THIS CAN U REMEMBER, FLASH SAID ITS A 5 DAY EVENT SO WUD BE QUITE COSTLY, NOT WORTH GOIN FOR BUTTONS M8,
    BIGSHANN
    BIGSHANN

Post  BIGSHANN Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Over 5 days they have several turneys. The Main Event was only £100 buyin and over 3 days, 2 day ones 150 runners in each, then day 2 play to finish.
    mickjenn
    mickjenn
    Admin

Post  mickjenn Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:03 pm

BIGSHANN wrote:Over 5 days they have several turneys. The Main Event was only £100 buyin and over 3 days, 2 day ones 150 runners in each, then day 2 play to finish.

nice 1 shann cheers dude Very Happy
    OnlyOneCT

Post  OnlyOneCT Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong guys but if you win one of these APAT events aswell as the cash,the trophy, the medal, the kudos, the bragging rights etc etc etc, don't you also receive a GUKPT Package of your choosing?
    mickjenn
    mickjenn
    Admin

Post  mickjenn Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:48 pm

yo maybe flash cud let us in on a bit more info m8
    BIGSHANN
    BIGSHANN

Post  BIGSHANN Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Yeh your right CT. So winning is everything really. But these fields are really tough fields.
    I came 3rd in Swansea last year and won £1k and got a nice shiny bronze medal thing. Problem is it cost me near on £600 notes for the weekend so it is not something you want to get in to for the prize money. It is all about playing a really good structured event at an amazing venue, and testing yourself against a really strong field. And all for a very reasonable buyin -£75, or the world thingy is £100 - or was. They dont take any reg fee either which is unique i beleive to any other turney you will play in any where!

If you go you will enjoy it, but like i said only go to enjoy it, not to make loads of cash!
    FlashFlush

Post  FlashFlush Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:41 am

Although I agree there is not mega bucks in these as they are designed for Amateurs, it can be well worth the trips. Like Shanny said the buyins are small with no registration fee but the structures are awsome. 10k chips 45 minute blinds! I'm not sure how you managed to spend £600 on your trip to Wales though? I was there last week and it cost £75 buyin, hotel was £80 and travel was about £30. So with food/drink etc it was probably £200 trip for me with the potential of winning £2.5k.

The world championships will be alot more expensive than that, as like I said its a festival going on for a week. I originally said 5 days but then noticed the main event is a 3 day tournament so will be a 7 day trip potentially. This is why I am after a room share.
    SolarCarro
    SolarCarro

Post  SolarCarro Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:56 am

FlashFlush wrote:http://www.apat.com/index.php/tour/

If you look at the dates in August you will see a week of tournaments. I will be going to these and was wondering who else would be interested, will be an expensive trip staying for 5 days and was wondering if anyone wants a room share to keep costs down.

p.s No sexual favours included!!

If not on my holibobs I would be interested, have played in the Betfair league tourneys a few times now.

Dave

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:58 pm